We always hope that the new year will bring wonderful things. Well, here is what I have:
- a new radio station KOCI is in Orange County at 101.5 and they play regular music, some classics, some killer old stuff and it makes me smile.
- Retirement is just down the road. People ask what is the first thing I am going to do – well sleep in comes to mind if the cats will let me. They are used to being fed quite early.
- I had some terrific quilt classes at Road to California and can’t wait for the 2014 classes (I have 4)
- Great weather – not too hot and not too cold. We could use a little more rain but if we have some nasty fires, OCFA has the best trained firefighters around.
- A wonderful holiday time with family
- BB King in concert
Here’s what I didn’t receive:
- winning Lotto, Power Ball or Mega ticket – but probably just well as the taxes would just annoy me
That’s about all on what I didn’t receive. I have had a very blessed year. I work with some great people. No major catastrophes happened. My last year as Team Captain for Susan Komen Breast Cancer “Race for Cure” brought in my highest amount to donate.
So for 2014, I will work on the house – time to remove the popcorn ceilings (really, that look is never coming back), new flooring and a new coat of paint done by a professional.
May 2014 bring you joy and happiness. Try to make each day your best – listen to other people’s opinions without interrupting them – if you can’t agree with them, smile and walk away. Drop the negative comments as it will do you more harm if you keep harping on it.
Smile more – drink more coffee – and adopt your next pet – don’t shop.
Thanks for reading.